website update

John Hooten jhooten at BINARY.NET
Thu Jun 6 16:26:49 CEST 2002

Cait Sith Alignment -- Elder
AHP 5 OCV 1 DCV 16 NWI +1
S 5(-1) St 8 D 30(+1) A 150(+5)
MR 48 NAV 0 MDV 4 NF 1D6
EnL 20 CDF 3 CL NA
DTV -1 HC 74% INT 6
SS Nocturnal Carnivore
Appearance -- Size of a small dog, some 9-12 inches at
the shoulder. It is wholly black in color except for a white
spot on its breast. Pointed ears with feathery tufts of black
fur. Its eyes are intense and intelligent. Its general form, is
feline in nature.
Special -- They have Mana Reading at MEL4/EL4. They
have the innate camouflage ability of the Elf, see Common
Knowledge in book 1. In general they avoid conflict with
enemies that can kill them. When they encounter enemies,
they enjoy the mischievous destruction of property, misleading
them, etc. They will only fight if they are cornered or
have no choice. There is 30% chance that a cat encountered
will be leader of his clan and be larger with the following
attributes:
A) Double S, St, AHP. OCV+2, NMI to 0.
B) Intellect is 7. Have all innate powers and abilities of the
Faerry including Sidh Magic at MEL5/EL3. If Character
aids the Cait Sith in some way and rolls successfully
Influence Chance then the cat's friendship is
earned. Cat will remain with character until it dies or
the character violates some taboo of the Sidh. (Unless
it is killed the Cait Sith will never die before the character,
if character is human, in human terms, Cait Sith
can live from 150-200 years).

Have all innate powers and abilities of the
Faerry including Sidh Magic at MEL5/EL3.

Book 3 says 'The prince will have all innate powers of the
Faerry including an innate Sidh Magic power at mel5/el3.'

You will notice a serious wording difference?
Sidh Magic at MEL5/EL3 can mean all sidh spells not 1
Alfar get all Sidh as innates for example so it is not unheard of.

That is what struck me when I read that.
There is other minor changes to the text as well.

As to why I noticed?
Due to alot of random encounters turning up Cait Sith
I rewrote cosmology to include a reason for it.

The Cait Sith work as spies and more in my system.
They generaly watch those people with excessive talents
such as supernatural abilities etc.
They also work for the Gods in this area as only Gods
bestow the supernatual gifts in hopes of recruiting heros
for their causes. The sith aid in this by helping to secretly
steer the hero toward the goal of the God.

There is much more but unless others have had my problems
they would have little use for it;-)

Side note: Supernaturals occured often in character genertion as well.
It has such a small chance but it was a rare character that we didnt
roll one.
I had to use that too, thus the more they got the more interference there is
and the more themed the runs. Also I forced the supers to work together
and refused to keep those that didnt work unless it was rolled 3 times
then they were stuck with it and a reason was thought up.
Occasionally opposed Gods gifted the same person in attempt to steal
the others hero away or sabotage his plans.