Magic Warriors

Brandon Stubbs bigbeh at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 28 15:08:27 CEST 2002

Well It's been awhile since I've written here. :(

I've been working on a idea for about a YEAR NOW and I think I'm almost
comfortable with it. So I wanted to run it by you experienced geeks ;-)
and see if you think it's playable.
You see I wanted to create special warriors from Wizard and Elder
Alignments that were enhanced by magic in their dealings with their
opposite alignments. These warriors would be greater than regular
warriors, I call them half-breeds. They are made from rare half-races of
their natural magic alignment. Half-races made possible by humans combined
with Dwarves, Elves or Faerries. For stats I just averaged the strengths
and weaknesses of the races combined. From each of these races a
supernatural force can be earned by the character. From the Dwarves and
Humans the magic warrior is a Paladin, Elves and Humans make Rangers, and
Faerries and Humans make Monks.

If this is confusing, it's because I'm on drugs...  :P  ...If you have
questions or ideas, be gentle.

Brandon
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:36:29 -0400
Sender:       Powers and Perils Fantasy Roleplaying Game Mailing List
              <POWERS-AND-PERILS at GEO.CITG.TUDELFT.NL>
From:         Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Magic Warriors

At 03:08 PM 7/28/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Well It's been awhile since I've written here. :(
>
>I've been working on a idea for about a YEAR NOW and I think I'm alm=
ost
>comfortable with it. So I wanted to run it by you experienced geeks =
;-)
>and see if you think it's playable.
>You see I wanted to create special warriors from Wizard and Elder
>Alignments that were enhanced by magic in their dealings with their
>opposite alignments. These warriors would be greater than regular
>warriors, I call them half-breeds. They are made from rare half-race=
s of
>their natural magic alignment. Half-races made possible by humans co=
mbined
>with Dwarves, Elves or Faerries. For stats I just averaged the stren=
gths
>and weaknesses of the races combined. From each of these races a
>supernatural force can be earned by the character. From the Dwarves =
and
>Humans the magic warrior is a Paladin, Elves and Humans make Rangers=
, and
>Faerries and Humans make Monks.
>
>If this is confusing, it's because I'm on drugs...=A0 :P=A0 ...If yo=
u have
>questions or ideas, be gentle.

I've done something similar in the past.  Of course I just can't pict=
ure
a title like Monk as a Warrior :).  Of course then theres the Kung Fu=
 monks
we see.  So go figure.

How do they 'earn' the supernatural force?  I would make it like
a magic buy system or something.  I mean just getting supernatural
will is pretty important. =20

You could balance their effectriveness by say they are weakened
in the Middle World and work at full in Upper.  Or you could limit
the Supernatural forces like a magic system. =20