PDFs

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Feb 26 14:28:40 CET 2002

On 2002.02.22 04:12:46 +0100 Paul L. Ming wrote:
> Hiya.
>
>> Due to copyright considerations, I cannot put these books on my home
>> page.
>> Sorry. But you can ask me to send them to you via (personal) email,
>> since
>> this is probably considered personal use, or something (IANAL, so we can
>> have a long thread about this if we want to).
>
>  Technically, I don't think it makes a difference. However, what might
> be more palatable to whomever does own P&P now (Hasbro, isn't it?), is
> if you zip them up and put a password on the zip file. Make the pwd
> something that the downloader has to find in a P&P book (ie, "The
> password is the 5th word of the first paragraph on page 18 of Book one,
> section 1.3361"). This may be enough to "prove" that the downloader
> actually owns the product. *shrug* Personally, I don't think whomever
> owns P&P will ever know, let alone give a rats hind quarters. :)

What probably makes it the most palatable is the fact that no-one who
doesn't actually have a set (as a group, that is) would actually be
interested.

>  As a side note; the PDF's are probably largish (1-2MB each?). People
> that use Hotmail (like me) or other online places might not have the
> email space for the files to be mailed to them. It would be nice to have
> the DL spot where one could just DL it...like, oh,
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersandperils/  ;)

The pdfs are not _that_ large: 315K and 457K. I will look into a DL spot.

Matijs.