PDFs / book data in text format

Franz Albright Franzo at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 13 12:51:33 CET 2002

Hi All,

I have subscribed to these boards for a long time, but I don't belive that I have ever written anything.  I have a few problems that I am hoping someone on this board can help with.

My brother is working in France, and has a lot of free time, so I suggested that he build a Java Swing-based character generator.  He agreed and has already started building some core objects, but he has two problems.  The first is that he does not has access to the books, and the second is that he will need a lot of the material from the books in some format that he can work with (text or xml).

I remember some time ago there was a lot of discussion on the boards about somebody having the books in PDF format.  I was wondering how big the PDFs are, and also if it would be possible to get a copy of them?  If it is not, I can probably send him a scanned copy of the books, but I still don't know what to do about getting the data into a manageable format (other than typing it - yuck).  Does anyone have material from the character book (and the combat/magic book if possible) in some manageable format?

Thanks,

Franz Albright