Shield rules

Paul L. Ming pming11 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 13 03:34:27 CET 2002

Hiya.

  I'm a bit more "unorthodox" with shields. For me, I figure you should get
experties in it if you use it in combat. If you never get a shield hit, so
what? Who's to say that you didn't use your shield to push him a bit, or
distract him with it? Maybe your opponent is so damn good he always gets
past your shield...that doesn't mean that you didn't use it, or that you
didn't learn anything. Well, in my book that's what it means. :)

  So, I generally give out XPT on a case by case basis; if you used your
shield in combat, and it never got hit, and niether did you, I'll give
something like 1 to 4. If you got hit, and so did your shield, I give the 2x
CDF. If you get hit, and your shield never does, I give something like 1x
CDF. Pretty loose, but fair.

^_^

Paul L. Ming