Book 3 project complete

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Wed Apr 17 16:36:06 CEST 2002

|| Gotta find some rules on creature food points ie what amount
|| they eat.
|| and devise some home brew rules for creature experience...how do
|| you handle it say for dogs?

I believe I figured and revised food requirements for various creatures in
my updated equipment document:

Riding Horse I          7FP
Riding Horse II         8FP
Riding Horse III                9FP
Riding Horse IV         10FP
Warhorse I                      8FP
Warhorse II                     10FP
Warhorse III            12FP
Warhorse IV                     14FP

These FP values are based on the Book 1 stated fact of 10# of grain = 10 FP.
The previous food requirements of 3FP for warhorses is completely bogus.
Horses roughly need 1# of feed per 100# of body weight.  I cannot remember
the site I got that fact from, but the info was with regards to having
horses as SCA events and how much food would be needed.  DId a quick web
search and found: http://expage.com/page/horse4page

||You can figure out how much your horse should be feed ( on average )
||from this chart type thing. It list size of horse, weight, and Daily feed.

||Size ( hands ): Average approximate Body Weight : Daily Food :

|| 13 HH , 500 lbs , 12 1/2 lb
|| 13.2 HH , 600 lbs , 15 lbs
|| 14 HH , 700 lbs , 17 1/2 lbs
|| 14.2 HH , 800 lbs , 20 lbs
|| 15 HH , 950 lbs ( TB ) , 23 3/4 lbs
|| 15 HH , 1,100 lbs ( hunter ) , 27 1/2 lbs
|| 15.2 HH , 1,000 lbs ( TB ) , 25 lbs
|| 15.2 HH , 1,250 lbs ( hunter ) , 31 1/4 lbs
|| 16 HH , 1,100 lbs ( TB ) , 27 1/2 lbs
|| 16 HH and over , 1,400 lbs ( hunter ) , 35 lbs

These values all come out to 1# of bulk feed (mostly chaff and hay) per 40#
of animal.  Since Hay and chaff has less energy then grain, I think we can
simplify and say that 10# of hay provides 5FP for herbivores (high quality
hay :)

Basically, a War IV is about 1400#, which translates to 14# of feed = 14FP.
Yes, horses are high maintenance.  Make those players pay for that food!
Yea, they can forage in the field, but when they hole up for winter they
better stock in the supplies.

All other working breeds below are based on the 100# = 1FP model (further
research into cattle indicates that non-working food animals require 1/2 as
much food, or 200# = 1FP)
amounts came to

Riding Camel            8FP
Skirmish Camel          10FP

I added these two for the desert regions.  Equivalent to riding and war
horses.  Riding camels can carry 200(50) lbs and pull 350#.  Skirmish camels
carry 250(50) lbs.

Puppy                           1/2 FP
Hunting Dog                     2FP
Guard Dog                       2FP