testing, I cant post to group

John Hooten jhooten at BINARY.NET
Wed Apr 3 21:08:11 CEST 2002

Thanks for the help
I guess it is sent to group then, but never is sent back to me on the
group..odd

I cant find it currently but I am sure something says to treat WSB as SB
for bow damage;-(
I easily found rules 1.59 showing SB required to use bows is WSB-1
Minimum, with exceptions for elf bows and magic.
Magic requires SB>=WSB/2

Now justifications for why it makes sense
1) WSB is weapon strenght bonus and is required to use it so it
represents Pull for a bow.
2) A bow or crossbow has a fixed pull strength so more strength does
nothing for you other than speed or ease
3) All thrown weapons including slings get to use SB the same as melee
weapons--1.54D
4) why would bows and crossbows be treated differently from all others
in that respect? All bows would have SB equivalent to 1? which is
obviously wrong.
5) it prevents heavy armor being immune to crossbows!

So if the rule doesnt exist it should.
I am sure it is just hiding in an example somewhere.

And very important to city defense is arbalests as antiaircreature
weapons. Keeps pesky dragons away.
Huge magic crossbows are very very nasty this way.
Slow reloads but very mean!