Two Weapons / Multiple Attack

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Apr 2 18:18:32 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 10:31:28AM +0200, Brandon Stubbs wrote:
> What this comes down to is this:
> (CTL or EL)+DB+AB)/12 ru. So worst case is (-27-1-1) for 1 attack every 3
> rounds (very poor bowman with no dex or agil). For best case it would be
> for an elven archer(Faerry's are not supposed to be great warriors in P&P
> according to the creature discription in book three). Max stats for Elven
> Archer would be 84 dex and 88 agil which gives a max bow level of 18 and DB
> and AB at +4 for each respectively. So with the formula above: (18+4+4)/12
> ru=3 attacks per round. This can help make up for melee attacks which get
> to use SB for damage and create the bowman worth fearing. For crossbows use
> the same formaula but for the bonuses use the required characteristcs in
> the weapon (crossbow=(SB+DB+EL)/(12+reload seconds from table)).

I'm confused here. Is the 12 coming from the number of seconds per
turn? That would seem to be the case, given your crossbow formula.
Still, I don't see why you would divide by the number of seconds per
turn to get the number of shots per turn (Since I understand from your
later post that you mean turn when you say round). I just don't see the
rationale behind the formula.

Another thing: How do you arrive at 1 attack every 3 turns for the worst
case. Just using the formula gives (-27-1-1)/12 = -2. That's not 1/3. So
I'm missing something here.

Please enlighten me :).

--
Matijs