Two Weapons / Multiple Attack

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Tue Apr 2 15:36:55 CEST 2002

||ok. I guess bringing these ideas out makes me a little nervous. But they
||need scrutinized so here we go.
||For Missle Weapons:I mainly made this for bows not crossbows (because
there
||is no reload table for bows), but I think they can still apply if the DM
||desires it.

I use a general rule of thumb of 1 phase to reload bows.

||(CTL or EL)+DB+AB)/12 ru. So worst case is (-27-1-1) for 1 attack every 3
||rounds (very poor bowman with no dex or agil). For best case it would be
||for an elven archer(Faerry's are not supposed to be great warriors in P&P
||according to the creature discription in book three). Max stats for Elven
||Archer would be 84 dex and 88 agil which gives a max bow level of 18 and
DB
||and AB at +4 for each respectively. So with the formula above: (18+4+4)/12
||ru=3 attacks per round. This can help make up for melee attacks which get
||to use SB for damage and create the bowman worth fearing. For crossbows
use
||the same formaula but for the bonuses use the required characteristcs in
||the weapon (crossbow=(SB+DB+EL)/(12+reload seconds from table)).

You are asking for a *bleep*-load of trouble if you plan to GM this.  Since
only PC's will generally have the stats for this (or other character class
characters), you are creating killing machines that have no equals on the
battlefield...sort of like sending a machinegunner after bolt-action rifle
users.

Remember, at close ranges bows are up on the +10 line of the table, giving a
high share of deadly and severe hits.  Throwing in 3 (!) shots per phase is
just plain gross (potentially 6d10+ damage per phase, if he's good or lucky,
with no chance of reprisal from the targets if the archer has a movement
barrier between him and the target -- the foot fighters at least have to get
up close and personal and take their beatings)

||Advanced Racial Bonuses is one of my favorite developments and so far I've
||really enjoyed using it in our campaigns. The creature book three is used
||as the guide in doing this. I got the idea from the Goblin King and Elite
||Guard double modifiers they get. I used this idea that characters are
||special and get increases vs. the average race characteristics because
they
||are of noble blood or they are chosen by a greater power to do greater
||things than an average person. I used the creature characteristics of the
||four main character races,(Humans,Dwarves,Elves,Faerries)subtract 10 from
||their physical characteristics and use the result as the bonuses for str,
||sta, dex, agil. Leave the mental, const, and app the same as the origanal

Technically, you should subtract 11 from the stats (2d10 average = 11).  Are
these adds in ADDITION to the ones on the table (i.e. you double the racial
modifier)
     -- Burton

Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce