Website Additions

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Tue Apr 2 15:11:55 CEST 2002

||>Though I am technically saying this game will be "by the book", I'll
still
||>be doing my free skill tweaks (1 pt of language per day in cities or
towns,
||>1 pt of riding per day of travel, 1 pt of survival in the terrain if you
||>rough it instead of stay at inns, etc).
||I can understnad riding since you sorta shift your body and learn as you
ride.
||But language?  Give me a mexican worker coming here and it takes him
||years just to learn 'where is the bathroom'.  :)

I believe Israel (not 100% sure on this, I read it a long time ago
someplace) uses an immersion program to teach new immigrants the language in
6 months.  I think a point a day is fair, but only when they activly spend
time in cities or towns for a day (by towns I mean in one of the forts, or
stationary along a road where a town is)

||As to survival I tend to think thats a USE skill in that if your with no
food
||and water you roll the skill to survive not just walking through a valley
you
||automatically get a point of experience.  Unless you just happen to
||notice a spear trap before you fall in then yes.  But just walking around
no.

Since Survival is also your awareness in avoiding ambush, this does apply.
That's why I don't grant it if they stay at inns or such at night (thus
avoiding the night encounters). I only grant it when they travel
cross-country (not on roads).

||Just remember Cholan could have a arrow with his name on it..err
||bribery ..threats...bah...I'll just hint :)...just kidding
...oooooook...I'll
||wait..patiently....tap...tap tap fingers..

I already had an arrow with my name on it, way back when we started out!
    -- Burton

Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce