Some stuff on stuff

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Mon Apr 1 16:06:55 CEST 2002

||As a slightly related question: does anyone use the rule that if several
||persons hit an opponent in the phase that he is killed, they are all
||awarded experience and expertise for the killing blow (Combat experience
||section of Book I, page 54 in the v2/v3 PDF version. I don't have the
||original books handy, so don't know the original ref.)

I have used it off and on.  I was actually considering chucking the entire
"milking hitpoints scramble" by emulating the onlne games (EVerquest, Dark
Age of Camelot) and have the experience total cut into tenths and the tenths
distributed to and by the players given their view of who was of more use in
the battle (with GM fiat, if they try to award a lot to a character that did
nothing).  This should encourage to act as a group instead of everyone
trying to get a tag in on something.
       -- Burton

Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce