pdfing the whole thing

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Nov 29 20:45:11 CET 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:38:33PM -0500, Choinski, Burton wrote:
> As for the "P&P from the ashes" PDF project, I would prefer HTML since it
> will provide 2 main benefits:
>
> 1) Modifiable as new rules or cleanups are given by players.  Hell, we can
> even keep with the AH numbering. :}

Well, our XML is pretty modifiable. And using that (with XSLT and LaTeX)
provides for such pleasantries as automatic tables of contents, numbering,
and excellent layouting.

> 2) Word will take HTML and it can be saved from there into whatever you
> need.

Which is my main reason for starting on an HTML version. Not that I would
use it, but some people seem to want to ;).

> As a secondary note to all this, once the raw work is translated into HTML,
> perhaps we all as a group can do something about smoothing some of the
> "rough edges" off some of the rules, many of which suit wargamers (as
> opposed to humans :)
>            -- Burton

A very difficult task, since each group has its own set of favorite
changes.

Matijs