AW: pdfing the whole thing

Guido Buchholz motor666 at GMX.NET
Thu Nov 29 19:22:15 CET 2001

Hello!

As the initiator of this thread I am delighted about the feedback! It seems
that this matter seriously touches a nerve somewhere...
I think it is a good idea to to fall back to Paul´s suggestion and use his
yahoo-group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersandperils ). It holds up to
20megs of space which may be used to swap temporary stuff. If this project
should bear fruit it is also better to ´outsource´ it from the main P&P
mailing list, as it may produce some technical correspondence which should
not belong in a mailing list that deals with a game. So, anyone interested
should join this group and post what he has, what work he is willing to do
and what he´s looking for. Just to make a start.
As I understood Matijs, he and his group reproduced the first two books of
the main set (Character Book, Combat & Magic Book). In the end there should
be a homogenous set of files of all official published material plus
existing ´house-rules´. The most important thing for me is that the format
should be printable. Very good printable, that is.
Oh, yes. The technical stuff. I don´t know nothing about html, xml, LaTeX
and so on (yet), so a little briefing would be necessary. No in-depth
knowledge, but for example, which format to choose for the inital scan &
which programs to work with. (I just would have published the scan in pdf,
so much for my knowledge...)
Copyright. I knew this would come up. Even a big bad f****r like Hasbro will
keep silent as long this project is not commercially used. Low profile
provided. Kurgan´s tip should be well heard.

Soooooooo, I hope this works out,
Best Wishes,

Guido Buchholz