pdfing the whole thing

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Nov 29 00:29:52 CET 2001

At 05:21 AM 11/27/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I first posted to this mailgroup two or three months ago that I am looking
for
the original P&P supplements by Avalon Hill. I have still not succeded in
purchasing them.
>But I succeded (more or less) in motivating my fellow gamers to take a look
into the rules. They fell instantly in love with the awesome possibilies of
the
character generation, but they also abhorred the math-heavy (or better
formula-heavy) complexety of the rules. Still, they are interested and would
like to have a (xerox)copy for themselves.
>Soo, what shall I do?
>The first option is that I go down and photocopy the corerule boxed set.
Although this may take an hour or two, it would be not too much work and is
definitely sufficient for my interests.
>The second option is to scan the books and put them together into a (or
better
several) pdf(s). This will take reasonably more time, blood, sweat and energy.
But, I think it would be worth it. The pdfs can be reproduced much simpler
than
photocopies and anyone with access to a (laser-)printer can turn the files
into
real paper.
>If anyone is willing to support me by doing the pdf-thing to the other
Supplements (Book of Tables, Tower of the Dead, Perilous Lands and not
forgetting any given copy of Heroes) there will be no doubts concerning my
choice of action! If forces are split and and work is coordinated, this should
be not too much work for an individual. As far as I know, there are no big
foldout handouts like maps in the boxed sets, so that should not be the
problem
either.
>Yes, obviously there is a selfish motivation behind my request, but I like to
think that this is an easy way to preserve a great game!
>Also, I want to emphasize here that I am a collector!
>Even if there will be an electronic version available of the items I do not
own I am still going to hunt them down for my collection.
>Give it a thought.

It is no secret from previous list posts that someone does have pdf files
avaliable.  However
if that person gives them out its up to him.  :)
Either option works.  Scanning has a bit of work to do on some things if the
scanning
is not 100% right so you have to edit but xeroxing works well as well.

Frankly its up to you :)

As to the supplements you realize that PL is on the website pretty much now.
The
map book is online and can be captured but the culture book is not.  There is
a text version floating around though I think.

Maybe folks will step and give those out :)

I'd love a pdf of the tower of the dead.  I have a old xeroxed copy I think
though to
fall back on if not :)