Similar weapon use

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Mon May 21 19:39:16 CEST 2001

At 08:55 AM 5/21/01 -0400, you wrote:

> I have handled similar weapons in a sort of "GURPS" like way. This is
> because, having fired both a Recurve bow and a long bow, I can't see how Joe
> archer with EL8 in Composite would be EL0 in other bows.
>
> What I do is for all weapons in a skill catagory, using a related weapon
uses
> the EL in that weapon, or 1/2 the EL of the greatest skill in the category,
> whichever is higher.  Experience is not gained in the lesser-skilled
weapons,
> however, unless they are actually used.  Skill increases are normal.
>
> I also expanded the weapons a bit...I added a "Heavy Mace" and "Heavy Axe"
> category (2-handed versions of these weapons), since these really are fairly
> different in operation from the 1-handed weapons.
>          -- Burton

The difference between teh bows is real debatable at times.  Compared to what
the
average archer used ....and if you want to be technical all bows are 2 handed
:)

What did you base the heavy mace on?  I seem to only know of one heavy mace
that of the viking mace that could pound a elephant into pulp :)