pdfing the whole thing

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Dec 6 22:58:11 CET 2001

At 12:11 AM 12/4/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>With Bruce there are 3 people willing to do some scanning (That is now
>Bruce, Lyman and myself). I am going to borrow a scanner from a friend
>coming weekend (for at least 3weeks). I ´d say that we should wait until
>Monday/Tuesday of next week (perhaps another P&P fanatic may join the
>pdf-club) and then we can break up the scanning work among us. I do not know
>the number of pages of the different books in the other supplements (TotD,
>PL, BoT), it would be nice if someone could list up the books with their
>number of pages, so that work can be divided evenly. (As I am owning right
>now only the main set, I would (must) concentrate on the books of the basic
>set.)
>Perhaps someone could give a little briefing what progs (Adobe Acrobat?)
>should be used in which way. If someone of the html, xml guys wants a
>special format to work with, give word!
>
>So, Best Wishes,

I could scan here but its a bit of a nuisance where the scanner is so
typically
only
do a few pages when I do.  Besides I can't do anything in pdf ...course I
don't
like
pdf as a format (text is universal :)).

But like osmeone already said alot is done.  The pdfs for book 1 and 2, the
culture book
the maps are already for PL on the website..so theres not much to scan in
really
besides table book and the tower of the dead.  Book 3 of the main set needs to
be scanned in though.