In-Progress map of Marentian and then some.

Paul L. Ming pming at HOME.COM
Sun Sep 24 18:06:25 CEST 2000

Hiya.

> Looks good, only a few nits...
>
> 1) no hex grid? :)  honestly, a faint white hexgrid overlay may be pretty
> good and make it easier to use the map for gameplay.  It is good to have
the
> entire country on a single map. :)

    I did try a hex grid, and it really obscured the map for me at the
800x600 size gif I showed, so I left if off.  The 'actual' map (you will
need the CC2 Viewer to look at it...don't worry, it's free and pretty cool;
you can get it at www.profantasy.com ) will have a grid of 20miles per. :-)

> 2) secondary roads blend in too much with the hill terrain.  Is tere a way
> they (and primary roads) can have a black outline on either side?  i don't
> have and have never used CC2, so i don't know how difficult this is.

    That's probably because they are all 'the same'. ;-)  Don't worry, the
secondary roads will be different (different width and color).  The
suggestion about 'outlining' the roads in black might work.  I'll give it a
try and see how it looks (no, it's not that difficult...I think...).

> 3) The capital, maren, is missing.

    hehe...whups! ;-)  Ok, in my godlike ability, I have placed Maren on the
face of Marentia...right by the sea...and the hills, and shrubbary, with a
path running right down the middle to give a nice little two-level effect.
;-)  Ahem...sorry.  Maren is on the map now.

> 4) I suggext you follow the PL convention of cities/forts -- black dot for
> fort, white with blac outline symbol for cities and capitals.

    Ok. I can change them and see what you guys think.

> 5) What looks like borders to me are too hard to pick out.

    That's probably because there arn't any...yet.  The borders will be
quite easy to pick out once I get them on there. (bright red or fuscha will
do the trick).  Don't worry, the 'real map' (the CC2 one) allows you to hide
'layers'.  So the grid, tribal centres, borders, and other stuff will each
be on their own layer; you can hide/unhide them as you need.  It should help
keep the clutter down.

    I'll be sure and post a note when I get those changes and a shot
uploaded.

^_^

Paul L. Ming