Experience option

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Sep 16 04:28:59 CEST 2000

At 10:57 PM 9/14/00 +0000, you wrote:
>> Cool.  I wanna play.  Come to florida and run it :)  I've NOT played but in
>> only 2 games
>> which sucks.  I've only run pnp the rest of the times.  So I'm eager to
just
>> play for
>> a change.  Though I do play in some ways in the games I run (like Xian) :)
>
>If I could figure a way to wrangle you in virtually, i would. :)

Well theres lists, IRC or ICQ :)  Course email as well.  But you could send a
plane ticket :)

>>> Basically, characters may visit the elemental planes, upper world,
etc.  In
>>> the outermost regions ("CL1"), ALL attributes (and skill maximums) are
>>> reduced by 50%.  Monsters use their same stats up here (Yes, it is
dangerous
>>> :).
>>
>> That's how I deal with it.  Upper world is normal no real big changes to
stats
>> and
>> the such especially monsters.  So you go on your own risk.
>
>Well, I'm only tossing the idea around.  I figured that the players getting
>"weaker" in relation to the world would feel better the just facing tougher
>monsters (even though that would be the easier way to do it, from their
>standpoint).

I wouled allow 'safe areas'.  Like a Fey would be stronger in the lower world
somewhat
but in the lower world there could safe areas created by old elders or gods
where t
the stats are normal.

>After all, they are no longer just swimming across any old river, but
>"Al'orhal, the source of the western currents in the Balance realm, a lesser
>branch of the all-river "Helanohl". :) And what looks like a branch they
>could normally break off with their mighty muscles is strengthened by the
>very elder forces they push into. :)
>
>Also, tougher monsters implies more EXP, which I don't want to do.  They are
>putting themselves into an environment where the creatures are on their home
>ground.  I figure scaling down the already beefy PCs will throw the system
>less out of whack than increasing the monsters.
>
>But I'll have to think about it, and have plenty of time.  They will have
>brand-spanking new characters, a LONG way from even thinking of coping with
>this stuff. :)
>
>Of course, and advantage to my starting this up is more rules and stuff for
>Wout's pages. :)

Yep.  So where you going to center this game? (province wise)