Experience option

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Fri Sep 15 04:03:24 CEST 2000

At 01:59 PM 9/14/00 +0200, you wrote:
>At 06:23 PM 9/13/00 +0000, you wrote:
>>Basically, characters may visit the elemental planes, upper world, etc.  In
>>the outermost regions ("CL1"), ALL attributes (and skill maximums) are
>>reduced by 50%.  Monsters use their same stats up here (Yes, it is dangerous
>>:).
>
>Interesting, we use the somewhat opposite approach in our houserules for
>upper world travel.
>
>Characters keep their normal scores, but all beings native to the plane you
>are in use double scores (S, St, HPV, EL MEL, MDV, NWI, and all others).
>The Strength x 2 makes combat quite deadly for those weak middle-world
>beings. And MDV x 2 makes you think twice before attempting to cast a spell.
>
>Further we rule that magic from alignments different from that of the plane
>has an increased chance to fail, Referee's discretion just how much. And if
>the magic users alignment is opposite to that of the plane all failures
>become abysmal.
>
>Ft

Now the above is almost exactly what I do here :).  Course I don't keep it
black and white
all the time since the players would expect it.  I change say failure rates
for
spells to another
% or instead of x2 str do a 1.5 or a 3 :)

Because especially in the upper world I play with a device called Fate :)