Experience option

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Wed Sep 13 20:23:33 CEST 2000

Hey!  I'm actually gonna start up a game here, afetr way too many years!
Woo-hoo!

With regards to "going over the limits", I was thinking of taking a page
from "RuneQuest" with regards to "HeroQuesting".

Basically, characters may visit the elemental planes, upper world, etc.  In
the outermost regions ("CL1"), ALL attributes (and skill maximums) are
reduced by 50%.  Monsters use their same stats up here (Yes, it is dangerous
:).

Any experience towards attributes gained up here may be applied toward
increasing their current attributes past their current maximum by a
multiplier of x0.5.

Going deeper subjects you to harsher penalties (1/2, 1/3, etc) but allows a
further maximum.

For example, Joe Kazi with a native S of 20 and a x4 multiple manages to
find a way to the outer regions of the lower world.  His maxed-out 80 S is
now considered to be a 60, with all the effects that entails.  Any
experience gained in this region may be applied to increasing his current
ability up to a new maximum of 4.5 (or 90).  The original multiple of x4 is
kept on the sheet so you know his "middle world" origin.

outside of the mortal realm even C and Ap may be worked on, assuming one can
perform appropriate tasks that make sense for the training.
     -- Burton