Experience option

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Tue Sep 5 20:54:50 CEST 2000

This "experience option" is totally bogus.  You are talking about totally
unbalancing the game.  It's most dynamic and wonderful feature is that
characters are LIMITED.  This keeps it real!  To say, OG the mighty (now
CEL 10, OCV 14-16, el 6-12) deserves a chance to become WISER if now he
decides to take up magery (and put all his MEP into a MULTIPLIER instead of
MEL) is rediculous.  Now I know you are not saying exactly that, but let me
ask you this - once OG has maxed out his "new" physical multipiers, what's
left?  That's right, magic.  OG beats some poor schmuck (since now that he
has maxed his physicals out he is more like CEL 20, OCV 30 EL 24) into
teaching his sorry retarded butt into teaching him magic.  Now all the OGs
out there become OGMAGE EXTRORDINAIREs.  This is just plain A BAD IDEA.
MEP and CEP are supposed to be used to increase TO your potential, not
increase your potential.  Once you are all you can be it is time pick up
new skills and/or retire - or if you are like me, visit the upper world and
see how quickly the GM can kick your butt.

PS. If this system is used, I would have to allow Upper World creatures to
use it as well... so EVERY DAMN ELF YOU MET WOULD BE A MAXED OUT ELDER!
this includes DAOINE SIDHE!  (and I wonder what a dragon max multiplier
would be?-double sized on top of that) so please, please, please do not
ever ask ME to run this alternate. ('cause I'll say "sure, no problem." and
the cackling laughter will make you cry - and I wouldn't want to see that)

-maouse