Rebuilding P&P

David Jackson araborn at HOME.COM
Tue Sep 5 10:26:10 CEST 2000

I know we've talked about it on this list before, but has anyone given additional consideration to just typing up the rules and putting it out on the 'Net?

I know that there are copyright problems, but noone has made any money on this game in 10 years or more.  But, the world is suffering from lack of a really good fantasy role-playing system (one that is devoted to fantasy RPGs, and nothing else).

We could as a group "clean up" the text (P&P would have benefitted from a better layout, methinks, and we could all add clarifications to the rules that we have found over the years).

I don't know about presenting a dozen different versions of house rules - rather, I think we should belabor each point here on this list, and then vote on it, and whoever wins, that addition would go into an "official" copy.  Unless we all agree from the beginning.

P&P, as I remember it, can seem rather esoteric, and I'm a purist anyhow.  I still play by the original.  But I think that we would all benefit from making this a "net project".

David Jackson
www.mp3.com/SonicRuin