New game

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Tue Sep 5 04:00:39 CEST 2000

>True, it would be noisier had we a game system that was under current
>publishing, but hey at least you have us. :)

Hmm..is that good or bad? :) (snicker)

>> 2.  Magic is quite powerful.
>
>Too powerful, in some ways.  many of the cheap and easy spells have very
>far-reaching effects that can be abused without CAREFUL GM monitoring.

 Yes the basic spells like Fire powers and such get a bit out of hand but
then the oddball ones like the one spell ones tend to be level ended so I
think
they made a compromise on it.

>The deadly and quick goes both ways...at low levels you can be easily taken
>out by minor monsters...at high levels you become truly "conan-like" in your
>ability to dish it out.

 Yep....at least for the basic fighter types.  A MU is still in danger :)
Lost
Xian in that simple troll (almost lost him) combat...:)  Now he (err I) am
a bit more wiser and will let you guys handle things :)

>Many of the monsters are taken from other cultural mythology (lots of Celtic
>influence here), not warmed over Tolkein or Christian mythos.

 Yeah you noticed that too..Norse...Viking, even some American Indian...
Asian...I wonder where exactly they got the Great Apes and such from
I know Asia had a few myths about them but it seems rarely heavy for
a simple creature.

>True.  There are many things in the rules that scare new players, such as
>the umpteen formulas for skills and sub-attributes, but for the most part
>they are dealt with in character creation.

Yep.