copyright

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Fri Oct 27 21:47:37 CEST 2000

please substitute "multi-player interactive" for the word "interactive" in
my last post.

Also, it would be quite neato keeno if you went by the forces at work in
P&P in an online game.  Instead of just PK and non-PK, you'd have law
versus chaos, elder versus kotothi (If the game allowed players to play for
kotothi), shamans versus everyone and balance on a need to kill basis (you
attack me I can kill you sorta thing).  This would be one of the highlights
of the game, I'd imagine.
The fact that you would have essentially 6 or seven story lines running at
the same time would also be cool.  Imagine having to deal with Chaos
PLAYERS! Who may have the same spells you do... Or having to keep the
balance of Law and Chaos from going either way in order for "you" to win
the game.  Yes, this would be awesome indeed. I could see battles where
balance mages were killing law and chaos fellows left and right... and then
ressurecting them after the fight to balance things out... not to mention
work on that good old law spell "ressurection" they learned from a friendly
law mage (did I mention it was being cast at EL 0 just to tone down some
uppety law/chaos mage, hehehe). (corpses you don't know the alignment of
until they are res'd... etc.) I could also see Sidh and Elder forces
waiting until the wittling got down far enough for them to blast all the
aligned forces off the face of the planet.  Man oh man, it'd be just like a
night of QUAKE on that evening (hope everyone has their t1/full DSL by
then...).

I guess I'm a little bit of a dreamer, but the story lines that could be
made from a game like this are far supperior than the G vs. E we have to
deal with here in the real world (and it's current games).  You would
actually have a purpose if nuetral! How great is that! All the other
alignments would have a purpose as well.  I would have to say that the only
people not included would have to be normal humans who are not aligned
(noone could attack them, just like the other games I guess).

Now on we go to the map, and we get the real scoop.  We have almost all of
the AD&D alignments represented somewhere in the culture books.  There
would basically just be some places some people couldn't go.  This would
once again make nuetral most versitile, but also restricted because they
can't attack until attacked (and let me think, will there be "gangs"... I'd
be willing to think so).  Let's just say teleport will definately be a
necessity (perhaps like the runestones in UO).  By having Magic effects
occur after missile fire, you leave the character some sort of out, but
they still may be hurt in the mean time...

I'm drewling and it doesn't even exist yet... I'm such a nerd.

-maouse

ps. I could also see the hermit mage (like the lich) who goes away to a
remote part of the world and makes automata for a few monthes before
regaining his rightful throne (Yes, wherever he wants it!).