Pertaining to the copyright question

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Fri Oct 27 20:04:18 CEST 2000

Chaosium came into it because they owned the original rights to RuneQuest
which was mentioned as the "premier" FRPG that was bought by Hasbro.

Who'd you talk to? Maybe we can lobby them or at least we'd have someone to
write to in the event that we do (and we do) want to reprint or copy the
material on websites, cd's and so on...

I don't think there's much we can do about them not republishing
something.  All we can do is wait for the duration to expire and pray they
don't file for an extension.  So let me see 1983+28=2011... whoo whoo only
another 11 years (plus one for the eratta book and a few of the others that
came out in 1984). Of course we could just republish and let big ole'
Hasbro kick us around in court (if, of course, we made enough money to make
it worth their while, otherwise they'd probably not even care).

That would settle it though... lol... any takers?

-Marcel

ps. is the contract that they would have signed matter of public record
available from the RI legislature?  Can we get a copy of it from the
freedom of information act so we know whether it is true (for once).
Hasbro seems to be giving out multiple answers to the same question (one
person says in writing that she looked and couldn't find it, another says
over the phone they know for sure that they own it... but had either of
them even heard of P&P, a 17 year old game with only xxxxx copies ever
made, before being contacted by one of us?)