copyright

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Thu Oct 26 22:07:58 CEST 2000

Here is a copy of a reply from Richard Snider.

Dear Alex,

    Earlier this year I was attempting to ascertain that online through the
Library of Congress and other government sources. None of the various
searches I conducted yielded any information on the title Powers and Perils.
    My inquiries to Hasbro on the matter, by the by, were ignored. Before I
could investigate further, various developments led me to postpone my
efforts in this area.
    As to your specific question, if there is a valid, extant copyright on
Powers and Perils, it is owned by Monarch Services Inc, the former owner of
Avalon Hill Game Company. If they deny any such holding then, I must assume
one of two cases.
    First - they never filed the copyright. Two - they did not choose to
renew the copyright. In the first case, the title would be public domain or
mine. In the second, it would be mine.
    If you discovered that either case is true, please be kind enough to
inform me. It would be of interest. Also, please send me the online address
for the Forum is other than the site operated by Wout Broere. Thank you and
luck on your effort. The continuing interest is gratifying.

Richard L. Snider