Dropped Wpns

Burton Choinski burton.choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Mon Oct 16 14:28:15 CEST 2000

> Burton seems to rule that any failure that has double dice is a fumble. We
> ruled for a time. A few years ago we had a fumble rule that any roll over
> 95+EL/2, before any modifiers, was a fumble. Are there any other thoughts
> on how to implement fumbles in p&p? And what are the consequences? Lose one
> phase, lose weapon, or what.

I like the doubles rule since it's quick and requires no math.  The
chance of failure already has the EL factored in anyways.

For hand weapons I just forced them to lose an attack action while the
readied it again or picked it up.  For the bows I had the string snap or
come off the nocks and was thus unavailable for the remainder of the
rather short combats.  In a longer time situation they would be able to
ready it (requires several turns).
    -- Burton

--
Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce