Horse FP

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Wed Oct 4 23:59:00 CEST 2000

When we had four (competition level show) horses they went through 1+
(50-80lb.) bale of hay per day and 4 to 8 lbs. of grain per day. Divide by 4
and you get 12-20 lbs. of hay and 1 to 2 lbs. of grain per (1000 lb.) horse
per day.
This is what they were fed in the winter (no forage available, temperature
averaging -5 F) and with the horses being worked. In the summer or when they
weren't being worked the numbers could be halved. (As best I recall).

        - Alex