CD Update

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Wed Nov 29 04:58:18 CET 2000

At 02:47 PM 11/28/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Gamma World had/has a fairly neat weather chart... of course they have
>included black rain and such... I know there are a few other decent ones,
>but generally I'd go by area of the world for P&P.  Say for instance, you
>are in one of the L'P'Nth Deserts, chances of rain are slim.  On the other
>hand Caldo is fairly rainy and cold.  As to what extremeties fall off, well
>that is up to the DM's out there (I would note that the rule of 3 should be
>in effect - 3 hours without shelter = death by exposure, 3 days without
>water = death by dehydration, 3 weeks without food = death by
>starvation/malnutrition, 3 monthes without civilization = reversion to
>primative instincts/death of humanity, 3 years without gaming = actually
>having a life/death by withdrawl :)

 Well I based my old system actually on part of the GW system.  But it was too
futureistic
with radiation and all that stuff.  Not real well for a fantasy system.  I
mainly wanted a base
system (equipment not pertaining).  Thus, the basic exposures would be Tundra
(Cold),
Jungle (Disease), Desert (Heat), Water (Normal exposure (food, water, sun)).
They
would be the primary sources then everything else would be secondary.
Exposure
in
forest would be slight cold depending on the time of year but nothing death
level in most
cases.  I guess I'll just sit down and figure it out.

 But guys!  I posted that (well the thing as an excuse to remain on topic) to
get opinions
on the new D&D movie and no one commented on it :)  Surprising.