Too many skills...

Matijs matijs at R2JNET.COM
Tue Nov 21 16:29:32 CET 2000

Maouse wrote:

> Ah, I see.  So the starting "class" skill points (like R&W + ANY 3 with a
> cost to learn of 35 or less for Station 6) should be restricted to only
> allowing one "carreer" skill.  I don't really have a problem with
> restricting this, but kind of think it's a mute point when you figure they
> may have 800 additional points with which you ARE allowing them to buy
> other skills which can be carreer skills.

I think that, when he said "the freebie skill points", Burton meant free
skills that you get from a career skill (e.g., Bow from Forester), not
using free 'common knowledge' points to get the career skill. This makes
it less of of a mute point. It means that you cannot be Assassin and
Forester, but you can be Assassin and use a bow. I'm not sure I would
agree with such a limit, though.

Matijs.