Too many skills...

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Tue Nov 21 14:44:38 CET 2000

I don't think restricting it to having only one carreer skill is good.
That is SOOO AD&D.  Especially when you consider the idea of multi-class
characters.  Every Mage already has a carreer (as a Mage).  To allow them,
and not others to have a second carreer is just a trajedy (IMHO).  Another
note is that in reality they (Mages) get a free carreer skill called
Jeweler or Blacksmith (which are BOTH carreers).  So they have two, plus
one you would allow.  To me that seems totally unfair (given the way the
game was set up and all).  I fail to understand why you would not allow
more, not to mention that the weapon skill I would choose to add the 150-
200 points (that I would otherwise buy carreer skills with) that I didn't
spend on learning magic would mean I would HAVE to be an excellent
swordsman.  But what if I want to start as a poor swordsman?  Naw, leave
the system alone my friends, leave it alone.

-Marcel

ps. fighter/ theif/ magic-user is my favorite AD&D character.  Likewise
Balance Wizard with thieving(or assassin) and a fair sword skill is my fav
in P&P.  I sometimes even add an entertainment, for diguise pruposes. f/t/m-
u/bard? No prob in P&P.