Too many skills...

Burton Choinski burton.choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Fri Nov 17 15:33:04 CET 2000

Jim Gianoglio wrote:
> As I am rereading the rulebooks in preparation of starting my game I am
> having a problem accepting the skill buying part as written. What's causing
> the difficulty is the supermarket approach. The approach taken by the game
> results in players buying the skill bundles that will give them the best
> bang for the bucks and not necessarily make sense for their character.
>
>  It was the Executioner skill that started me worrying about this. The idea
> that you could have several people in a campaign who were executioners and
> be as young as 17 years old seems a bit strange.
>
>   I don't know how I'm going to resolve this; I was thinking of including
> some age increase with some of the bundles or just eliminating some and
> creating new ones to allow more options and perhaps some more diversity.

Here we use the rule that only ONE "career" skill may be taken by a
character (Forester, Thief, Hillman, etc). ALso, you can only start with
a "terrain" career (Hillman, Mountaineer) if you have a significant
number of hexesof that terrain in your home culture.

         -- Burton
--
Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce