Experience..

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Wed Jan 12 06:28:40 CET 2000

>General domain, I mean difficult and tenses situations, with new experiences
lived (the first big battle, a big assault on a tower, dangerous ambush in a
dark forest) etc.  You do not have to fix on a word.

But that would fall in the combat experience :)

>Few miles perhaps not, but if the PC travel by sea on a new coast during 10
days or if they cross a badlands territory for the first time or etc..
>I'm sure you can imagine what I say.

So the first time farm boy sees mountains..bam experience...first time in a
jungle bam
experience? I dunno seems whacked :)

>A player giving himself for the best, arguing and communicating to the full
extend of his theatral expression could give good result, another talking a
lot
and learning important informations for the group could be seen as rewarding.
Don't you think so ?

That I can agree with..

>I must confess that my world is more medieval than fantasy so special
experience related to magic or special phenomenon can be seen as a learning
event for the PC. Seeing strange creatures for the first time, communicate
with
or killing them is something that build a caracter, that can be defined as
experience. A man is seen by what he has lived more than by what he has
accumulated.

Well yes but I classify that as knowledge not really experience...