Questions..

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Feb 19 00:36:43 CET 2000

At 10:11 AM 2/17/00 +0100, you wrote:

>Well... it does seem huge, but I think we (=Mathijs's group) keep just
>one MEL (as I tried to say in my original mail, but apparantly failed to
>:-)) for Wizard and Shaman together. So then it doesn't matter what
>spell you cast, your MEP gain goes into the one trained MEL. So, the
>problem does not really arise. There are just more spells to choose
>from. MELs for innate stuff are separate, though.
>If you keep separate MELs, .... well, that seems a bit strange to me
>anyway. There are no separate CELs for different weapons, either. But I
>guess you would have to limit the mana gain slightly. Or keep separate
>mana for Wizard and Shaman, i.e., separate the two completely.

Ok.  You seem to gather into my thinking as well.  I was presented with a
character with distinct path MELs.  I'll let it go now but didn't allow the
casting ability bonus for EVERY mel increase just for it once :)  Next time
I'll limit it to one MEL/mep pool.  Would be a bit hard to stop now with the
character.  Mystically I could see different MELs though since say you learn
shaman and balance wizardy.  Two MELs for two distinct paths yet one casting
ability pool.  Mystically you are better than the other in one (say MEL5/4)
because of training and such.  I'm not that concerned about that but the
casting ability has to be one pool or the MU will get WAY too huge :)
As to CELs I could see that if you WANTED to.  CEL say for everything else
then
some special ability like Martial arts mystical or soemthing.  But I've not
come across that yet :)  So wouldn't
really remark till I aw it :)

>I'm more concerned about running it on Linux. I still havn't gotten
>round to trying to get that DOS emulator to work... Is there anything in
>particular you would like to do differently w.r.t. Wout's program
>(interface, results, etc.)?

Well interface is good but I was thinking more report style like the encounter
program I did
so you could have a list of items..but then again wout's does that ...but I'm
not too sure his handles every items?  Like NMIs and such that'd I'd include
and maybe print out a basic explanation to the file for the referee...etc..I
can't compile into linux would have to find a compiler :<

>I think Wout told me about this. I'll get it from him, then.

K...like I say its my shorthand :)  Tell me if ya can use it..
My monster text file grew by 2 monsters (Sprite, Searbhani) the other day so
that file is growing :)
Add to it when I have the need :)

Cya