Questions..

Matijs van Zuijlen mzuijlen at INTEGRAL.NL
Wed Feb 16 00:26:31 CET 2000

Scott Adams wrote:

> 1) If a person said had 2 magic paths Shaman and Wizardy.  IF at MEL 4 then
> he gets
> MEL say 5 for Shaman and still 4 for Wiz.  That Mel 5 would gain 20 for
> Casting ability.
> Now CA is 100 say.  Now if Wiz is MEL 5 does he get ANOTHER 20?  I don't
> think so
> myself seems like once you pass the initial MEL threshold per level you
> only get the
> bonus once.  But would like other opinions.  Also do you use 2 MDVs or just
> one based
> on highest?  If you get the drift of my first question :)

I think we have only one trained MEL, and all MEP gain from either
Wizard or Shaman would get thrown together on one pile. We never even
considered other options.

> 2) I've been typing up book 4 (almost done) for my personal notes (easier
> to reference the
> stuff in a file rather than wasting delicate books :)).  The treasure
> generator now on the
> site is ok but would you guys like a new one ?  Toss that one out.

I have ported Wout's original treasure generator to Linux, but its code
is hell, as Wout will confirm (my port was only in the interface, so it
was doable). I am interested in any thoughts you might have on how to
create such a thing in a 'neat' fashion. I am less interested in a
windows exe file. I'm very interested in anything anyone has typed op
from book 3 and 4, since we are now seriously considering striving for a
paper-less P&P, meaning computer based sheets, books and DM tools.

Matijs van Zuijlen.