P&P

John Hendrickson Halstead Savagemarx at CS.COM
Thu Feb 3 00:47:06 CET 2000

As I said in a previous post, I have been working on designing my own system,
borrowing heavily from P&P.  Actually, I've borrow more from the thematic
elements than the actual game mechanics.  I'm trying for a less formulaic,
more intuitive (i.e., percentile based) system.  Anyway, I'm interested to
know if you (Alex) are planning on changing (in your rewrite) any of the more
thematic elements or just the game mechanics.  I'm interested (now) mostly in
thematic variations on P&P.  Especially with regards to the magic system.
I've tried to flesh out the Wizard, Sidhe Magician, and Shamanic paths.  If
anybody is interested, I'll explain what I have in mind.  But for now, I'd
just like to know what other people have done.