Potential For Public Domain Release of the Rules

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu May 6 05:04:20 CEST 1999

At 09:11 AM 5/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone considered the possibility of being able to publicly release the
>rules, or getting P&P in the public domain?

There was a guy in the list that did try that and contacted AH and such
(now hasbro I think) but he sorta died from teh list not sure if he is
still here or not (forget his name).

>I wonder how legal it would be release a completely revised version, with a
>completely different layout than the original?

Well you can do anything you want as long as you don't use the
copyrighted 'concepts' of the game like the pnp name...certain
aspects of the game that makes it unique.  A shaman is
not copyrighted though so you could use things like that since
its in many systems.  If you get the idea of the point. :)

I'd love to see a new copy or new edition out though.  Sigh.