Potential For Public Domain Release of the Rules

David Jackson araborn at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed May 5 16:16:02 CEST 1999

Perhaps you (and others) don't understand me.

What I would like to see is P&P revived.  Commercial release is not a viable
option.  I have tried contacting Hasbro in a dozen different ways, with
absolutely no success, in regards to purchasing the rights to P&P.  I have
tried contacting them, urging them to release P&P into the public domain,
with no success.

The last recourse is to produce an unauthorized / unofficial second edition,
which of course would be derivative of the first edition.  And I am
receiving staunch opposition to that here.

I guess my dream is of seeing a net version, completely free, of P&P.  A
version that we mold and form.  That we produce monster catalogs, treasure
indexes, and campaign worlds for.  But, once again - that is an
impossibility.

It's just such a shame that I game that I personally love will be lost to
the annals of history because of the niggling copyright holders.

David Jackson