Experience..

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sun Dec 19 08:11:27 CET 1999

At 10:30 AM 12/18/99 +0100, you wrote:

>First note: it's per 50, round up, so 12 CEP yields 1 CP.

Yes I know  I jsut gave a quick overview as a reminder to what I was talking
about :)

>Per encounter. The main text is unclear on this, but the exception below
>mentions ``in the encounter'' explicitly. And then, in 4.4, Encounter
>Resolution:

Yes then you have to figure out what an encounter is.
Is it one on one?  Is it say the 10 bandits for that one combat or 10
encounters with 10 bandits :)
I always figured it to be the total combat for those 10.

>    All Experience gains are per encounter and conflict. They
>    are awarded at the end of the encounter AND before the next
>    encounter commences.
>
>So, that seems pretty clear.
>However, reading the exception in 4.1.1.2 again, what do you think it
>means? That if the opponent IS killed, the character does get CP, even
>if his CEP gain is less than 10? We have always ruled that the 10 CEP
>limit always holds, but now I'm not sure.

Well I like the limit so you don't go overboard.  It means a real battle to
earn anything you have
to have a big battle not just 3 guys on 2 guards likely would not do it.