Very quiet list

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Wed Mar 18 05:02:40 CET 1998

*** Quoting "Choinski, Burt" from a message to longshot ***

"B> Perhaps there, but I figured Goiden as one of the more likely places.

Goidan is a good place.  Islands are always full of things or trouble if the
party has no boat :)

"B> Mr (average) dragon has 24 armor, you do 1d8+1d4 with your long
"B> sword...you do the math. :) Actually, RQ had two special damage
"B> classes (Critical and special), while I only have one with my 2d10
"B> system, so I may hev to work something out on that.  Critica

That's true..I forgot about that...but you should be able to get around it with
some simple modifications.

"B> *shrug* It was more of a calibration excersize to gauge how well the
"B> system worked. However, I have always played Great Apes as a bit
"B> rash.

hehe...well in most evnirons they are ok to do that.  Jungle..heck who will
disagree.  But on the road I just don't see them jogging down, humming and then
attacking someone..unless the gods are cruel and its a prank session :)...

(that would be a fun adventure..a god doing pranks :))

"B> I need a bit of help first, for calibration.  I had to return all the
"B> P&P stuff (we have a groups set, but only single copies of some
"B> books) so I do not have a Book 1 handy.  If you could whip out the
"B> building costs (peasant hovel, etc) and land costs and send them to
"B> me that would be great,.     -- Burton

You can get them from a web site store...I forget which one but if you search
the old list archives there were disccusions of it.

oh sure...actually already have that (including the complete book 1 typed up
(yes all of it) for my current game...

let me find the gear list...

----

                          **** Equipment Information ****

     9.    Building/Property
        Average Property Type       Cost         Description
        Farmland                    1 SC      1 acre of farmland
        Forest                      2 SC      1 acre with good timber
        City Land                   3 GC      per 50 square feet
        Other Land                  2 CC      1 acre of marginal/poor land
        Hovel                       1 SC      15x15 foot, per story, land
                                              is extra, poorly constructed
        Peasant House               2 GC      20x15 feet, 1.5 story, with
                                              cellar, land included
        Small manor                50 GC      2 story with basement & land
        Noble House               100 GC      3 story with basement & land
        City Estate               250 GC      3 story with basement & land,
                                              1 story at least 100x50 feet
        City Palace              1000 GC      min. cost, 120x80 at least
        Country Estate           5000 GC      500 acres at least of land
        Inn or Hotel              x300
----

     Is that what you wanted?

Sorry for delay....