Cosmology Comment

Burton & Linda Choinski linna at NETCOM.COM
Sun Apr 12 17:49:18 CEST 1998

Longshot wrote:
|| "B> The problem with Gloranthan gods is that they are VERY tied to not
|| "B> only how the world works but to how the land is shaped.  The God
|| So you merge the gods into your games huh?  Are they more nuisannces sorta like
|| in the TV Hercules series or guides...or more personified?

Well, the gods can't come right down and do stuff -- I took that part of
Glorantha with the great compromise.  They have to work through agents and the like.

It's tricky in many regards in that if you look at the cultures, they would
technically be worshipping the same god, even though one may be listed as
"Chaos" and the other "Law".  I've fudged over that by declaring them as
aspects of the same god.

The original P&P game I ran had very little god work in it...it was almost
purely secular (wizards the primary magic tossers).  With the Gloranthan gods,
the characters who are in have some magic specific to that god and it shapes
their actions and what they can do.  It better fits the "pilp fantasy"
feeling, and they haven't hit a wizard yet.  Only certain cultures will have
them, like the Korchi.
   -- Burton