new edition

Larry D. Hols crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET
Fri Oct 10 22:19:59 CEST 1997

Hallo,

>> I contacted him a while back (well, he contacted me after seeing a
>> post on RGFM :) and he was attempting to make a proposal for a new
>> version of P&P.  A month or so after that I saw AH's add on RGFM about
>> designers needed for a new version of RQ.  Now, this could mean that
>> his proposal tickled the right areas and AH is doing P&Pv2, or perhaps
>> attempting to merge P&P and RQ, or perhaps they got the RQ rights and
>> have decided not to go with his proposal.  I dunno.  All I know is
>> that I proposed that they reuse the Lands with whatever they are
>> doing.

        AH has had the rights to RuneQuest for some time.  They recently
parted ways with Chaosium, so they no longer have Glorantha as the official
RQ world.  That is why Perilous Lands may be appropriated for RQ.
        AH is in the process of renovating their rpg lines.  They are
interested in a new approach to marketing RQ, I guess, and are seemingly
looking into a new edition or support line for it.
        I pitched the idea of a new edition of P&P to as an alternative
product for those people not terribly interested in RQ (such as me.)  I had
to sell them on the viability of supporting two sets of fantasy rules
before I got the go ahead to send in the formal proposal.  So, by all
indications, RQ is getting revamped and P&P, if they get sold on the idea,
will be a second line of products supported by AH.
        If they should decide to not publish a new edition, I'm going to
negotiate for the rights to the game, if possible.  Then I will be able to
market the new ed to another company; I've a couple in mind already.

Larry