P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Wed Nov 26 04:29:27 CET 1997

*** Quoting crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET from a message to longshot ***

cr>         Oh, you mean TSR's line of "Complete..." books, such as the
cr> "Complete Buckle Handbook", which details how to fasten, polish, and
cr> swash all sorts of buckles?  Well, to this point I have no indication

Yeah.  That's what I don't want to see.  Thsoe type of books.  :)

     What would be nice let's see..

     Core Rules: With the basic 4 books as they are with MINOR changes.

     Supplments:
      1) Characters: This supplement would have -
         A) Sample templates that could allow GMs to easilly generate quick
npcs and players.  Want a Craftsman? etc.
         B) Advanced characters: like the priesthood and such.
         C) Alternate generation variants (like new tables for special events
and such) or specialized tables - like if you come from Port Doman a special
event is likely going to be you being a slave (60%).  Of course this depends on
the RQ/PL takeover (errrrr).
         D) Variant skills and new skills
     2) Equipment: Even though this is in Book 2 of core.  It can detail all
the gear used.  For example how do you describe a jerkin to a player?  That
type of detail (size, sample image).  New Gear, Equipment variants.  Equipment
generation system (not really treasure but equipment).  Layouts of typical
buildings, costs, etc.    Elfs use 'this' type of building compared to dwafs,
etc.
     3) The Sea: Everything about sea and oceans.  From encounters, ship
combat, ship stats and details (layout, crew, etc.).  Sample sea adventures.
Travel rules.  etc.
     4) Combat supplement: Mass combat (army ) rules, minature rules, mass navy
battles.  Specialized aerial combat rules.  Army rules like supply lines, etc.
Rules for specilalized combat like the Xena Touch, Martial Arts, etc.

     5) The worlds: While this in in the core it can be expanded.  To detail
the upper and lower worlds FAR more.  Sample adventures for both.
     6) Magic: Magic Flavors, new spells, new system for Kotothi (optional)
characters.  Variant rules.
     7) Gods: All the cosmology info we were going to get but never did.
Historys on each god.  Their typical daily life, etc.  How they interact with
characters.

     Right there are 7 good supplements not including adventure sets and such.

~~~ Telegard v3.08.b12/mL