P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Choinski, Burt BChoinski at XSERV.BILLERICA-MA.PERITUS.COM
Tue Nov 18 13:47:44 CET 1997

Larry D. Hols [SMTP:crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET]
||         This led me to the belief that a new, simpler system was the
best
|| approach to a new version of P&P.  Taking players from Rolemaster,
for
|| instance, would be difficult.  Most of the "unaligned" gamers seem to
want
|| systems other than percentile.  The most gung-ho audience in
existence uses
|| a simple system (d20, I believe).

Actually, I think a 2d10 (additive) is just as simple (mechanically) as
1d20, with the added benefits of a bell-curve and the advantage of being
distinct -- most systems seem to use either single dice (1d10, 1d20,
1d6) or bell curve with d6 (3d6 Hero or GURPS, 2d6 traveller, Feng-Shui
etc).

Burton Choinski, Peritus Software Services Inc.
bchoinski at peritus.com