Some Nov initial comments

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Fri Nov 14 22:08:41 CET 1997

   Comments from Oct-Nov. archives:  (first 10 or so)

   1) coin info:  That detailed a list of coin names (not the general
      coinage thread) -  Which land is that used in?

   2) Map Making software: I have on my bbs several programs:
   GRID361 .ZIP
       215K  21 11/13/96  Grid v3.61 - Windows based
                         :Hex mapping program.  Design your
                         :own hex maps for many rpgs and games!
                         :Comes with many examples of colorful
                         :hex maps!  Self-extracting *.exe file.
   HEXMAP45.ZIP
       240K  24 11/13/96 Hex Mapper 4.5 - DOS program
                         :that allows you to design
                         :colorful hex maps for your rpg
                         :game maps.  Useful for MANY systems
                         :- comes built in with pre-made symbols
                         :for Darksun and a few other rpgs!
                         :Hex mapping program.  Design your
                         :own hex maps for many rpgs and games!
                         :Comes with many examples of colorful
                         :hex maps!  Self-extracting *.exe file.
   MAPCAD  .ARJ
      101K  10 07/10/94 Game Map CAD v1.0 is a editor for creating,
                        :editing, and printing those hex maps that are
                        :a part of nearly all war game and
                        :role-playing game systems. Users may create
                        :their own set of icons specialized for
                        :whatever type of hex map they desire. Several
                        :icons and maps included to get you started.
                        :Maps may be saved in PCX format for enhancing
                        :with graphic editors. Supports VGA, EGA, CGA,
                        :MCGA, Hercules, and PC3270 graphic cards, and
                        :LaserJet printing. For IBM PC 256K RAM.
   SPACE32 .ARJ
      60K   6 07/26/95 Space Scenario mapper and game setup program

     Those might help others in their gaming...

    4) hero conversion of pnp: I've read the posts.  Interesting comments.
       I only play hero don't GM it but it gives me some helpful advice
       for some character generation using the straight pnp system.

    5) New pnp game:  Hey larry!  Glad your here.  I'd be play to playtest
       the new game as I said in previous emails to ya :)

    6) peri script for towns?:  How do you use that?  Is there a freeware
       compiler or something?  I've actually never heard of peri and I'm
       a programmer! :)

    7) variant skill system interesting:  I above all like the new skills
       that were included.  Good work.

    8) Fascination comments versus control:  Well I can agree with the BMC
       change.  It seems my faerry likes to control everything in sight :)

        More stuff to come..

        I'll probably reply now indivdually to the posts..

~~~ Telegard v3.08.b12/mL