Stuff

Scott Cohan scott.cohan at SSA.GOV
Wed Nov 12 20:08:57 CET 1997

  Well, had a successful game last night.  The party managed to fight off three
  Athachs with only one member getting near death (An Athach bit his head).

  Got a question:  I've noticed a blank space on the web site for characters.  I
  have a good character from a previous game that I think I could write up
  (although I'd collaborate with the player).  Would people like to see this?

  Also:  What is the tech of the Perilous Lands?  We have Plate Armor, which is
  Late Medieval, we have no gunpowder, and shipbuilding skills seemed to have
  stagnated in the trireme stage.  Now, I'm no expert, but it seems to be that
  it's a little unbalanced.  Does anyone out there have any good information on
  pre-gunpowder ships?  Besides triremes and dhows (a unireme), what else should
  be around?  Old Roman cargo vessels?  It's definitely too early for sloops,
  flytes, and galleons.
     As far as apologistic arguments, I suppose we could assume that Armor tech
  has been prematurely advanced through the magical necessity to have totally
  enclosed suits of armor.  Likewise, perhaps true sailing ships haven't been
  developed because of the vast number of Climan Priestesses with Sea Powers
  (Friendly Current).

     As far as P&P v2, I'd like to see some more rules for sea travel.  The "Sea
  of Tears" article was helpful, but left much to be desired, like what sort of
  ships are commonly used, perhaps some tactics of naval warfare, how far away
  you can spot that Climan excise vessel and how to lose them, that sort of
  thing.  Questions, comments, suggestions?

  Scott Cohan

  PS - Wout, I really am looking for that article for you.