Naval Ships and Tech discussion (LONG)

Scott Cohan scott.cohan at SSA.GOV
Tue Dec 2 14:09:01 CET 1997

When my players have been on boats I have always run the ship along the
coast (but then, they have never been the pilots of these boats).

  Yes, but what do you do if your players want to travel from Fort Kira to
  Clima?

  It's established in the system that ships travel between Pelara and Maoun
  across the open sea.

I had dabbled a bit with the Harn pilot's almanac, so some gems may be
in there.  I was never able to convert it's numbers to P&P in a
satisfactory way.

   Are the numbers 'real world' numbers (knots, etc.), or are they in the Harn
   system?  (Never seen Harn, so I don't know)